I started my photography back in the 70s with a SLR hand me down from my dad. I have always enjoyed the versatility of that camera. I also love Medium Format Cameras, talk about some great images. Now I have a Nikon D70 DSLR and Nikon D70s DSLR which I love. Go here and see the kind of images that this camera is capable of. This is the best camera for the money.
But now I see people making really great images with an iPhone. I’m thinking it can’t be. I can’t tell that they were taken with a phone camera. Well it is true and i have learned that you can’t just snap a photo like i can with my dslr. Here is what you will need to capture the best images:
- Get a camera app that allows you to capture raw images (tiff format). ProCamera 8 or Pureshot
- Make sure your app you use for editing allows you to same in tiff format. Filterstorm Neue or Enlight
- Yes, it’s that simple.
I was surprised at how much my image quality improved after using two of these apps.
I am still a DSLR photographer, but now I can create still life with my phone and don’t feel like I always need to have my DSLR with me.
What I like about my Nikon D70.
- You can buy the Nikon D70 or D70s (exact same camera except with a larger LCD) for less than $100.
- If you loose it or damage it, you can easily afford to buy another one or own 2 to start with.
- The best lens made for this camera is actually the cheapest, Nikon 50mm 1.8 for less than $105.